Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Rain

Today I took a walk in the rain. It made me contemplate my existence and purpose on this world. I reflected on the good things I do and of the study I must continue to be a better citizen. I am also painfully aware that my definition of being a good citizen is different from what some people think. I try to do no harm and work at preventing harm to others. I guess all other things are wibbly wobbly. 
Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve the precious gift of life. I feel like nothing I do really matters as I am just a tiny speck of dust in an infinite universe. I also feel like I share my experiences to an empty room. I know this isn't true because I've been told by many that my vulnerability and creativity is very much appreciated. 
I don't think I'm destined to be famous. I think that fame would corrupt the message that I end up conveying. I don't think sheer numbers are really the important part either. Still, sometimes I crave the fame just a little bit. It comes from a place of never being noticed. A childhood filled with the pain of being ignored. Of being told my imagination and lived experience were meaningless. That my flaws and deficiency were what mattered the most. Thirty years later, I am still hurt. The pain clouds my every decision and manifests itself in all of my art. It also allows me to appreciate the deep and profound beauty in most things. I also am aware of the suffering and pain all around me and it it's depressing, to put it mildly. There is so much and so little I can do. Maybe sometimes we're just meant to watch flowers in the rain.