Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Untitled Goose Tattoo

Today, I got this cute tattoo. 
It means a million things to me and is arguably the most symbolic tattoo I have. First of all, it's all about timing. The 6th is mom's birthday and is the day Nina passed away. I wanted to get something to honor that day without getting something completely cleche because cleche just isn't me. I love birds and have been thinking about getting something bird related other than my wings but hadn't come up with anything that fit. Then I thought of the goose from Untitled Goose Game. He's cute, cartoony and whimsical in a smart assed way. I also remember my mom calling me "goose" when I was younger. I likely would have called Nina "goose" too. This little dude symbolizes where I came from, where I've been and the future joy I'll have because of the things I've learned. The persistent soul inside of me that has to keep going and not throw away my precious human life because of tragedy. The courage to tell my story not only for my own sense of peace, but also to share hope with other humans.
Also, he's just fucking cute.