Thursday, August 6, 2020

One of those What the Fuck dreams...


I was happily playing on a beach on my "home" planet. I've had dreams of this place before. Purple sand with a jade blue ocean and twin suns in the sky with the call of large, black seabirds in the distance. They sound like a cross between a seagull and a heron and look like huge pelicans. I'm enjoying being lost in the moment, the cold ocean water washing over my feet and the heat of the day on my skin. It's warm but not uncomfortable. There's a lovely breeze carrying various smells.

Suddenly, the birds stop and there's a moment of eerie quiet before the air is filled with the deafening roar of some sort of machine. Kind of sounds like an impossibly large engine ate a power transformer. I'm instantly scared and I run in a random direction. Next thing I know. I am being picked up by a big metal claw. It clamps on to my shoulder and neck. It feels like pliers digging into my skin. I'm lifted on towards this flying rectangle. It's a mass of pipes, wires and metal bits. A hatch opens on the bottom and I am pulled into the darkness.

I'm tossed into a room with what feels like a metal floor. It is impossibly dark or I am blind, I'm not sure which. I lay on the cold surface, my shoulder and neck aching. I can feel the slightest bit of blood trickling down my arm. I smell it more than feel it, really. The copper smell mixes with the lingering scent of some sort of disinfectant. I start to feel light-headed and a bit nauseated.

A bright light appears out of nowhere. It is incredibly hot and bright. Where I was once blinded by darkness, I am now blinded by light. I feel multiple hands. I am pulled from the floor onto some sort of examination table. I feel the paper on my backside. I'm not sure when or how I became undressed. I feel a knife cut me on my chest, right where a scar is in the waking world. The wound makes me cry out but before any sound could escape, a gloved hand clamps over my mouth. I feel some sort of tube pushed into the hole...and that's when the cat started to bite my toes.

I'm not sure if she knew I was having some sort of nightmare or was just being a little shit, but I'm glad she woke me up. Not sure I wanted to know how the rest of the situation played out.