Sunday, November 29, 2020

Language

Staring at a screen, communication
Wants and needs and emotions
All tumbling forth, a flood
Sometimes it is too much
But you're there on the other side
I can feel the overwhelming energy
The love you have for me
Even though it probably isn't personal
It is, just a little bit
You and me, we've got this relationship
And it is something I don't understand
Everything has been complicated
Expectation lingering within every act
And there's this thing
When you say you love someone
People make it weird
Awkward
It changes the very nature of interaction
It really shouldn't, though
Love is pure emotion when not attached to things
Our spirits are connected in a way
And that usually doesn't happen without entanglement
But why does it have to be like that
Are we just afraid of love as a species
Afraid of deep attachment to transitory things
You can love someone forever
And not commit to forever
Experience the profound and beautiful capabilities
Of the human heart
Confession, I fucking love you
And I'm never going to not
You've awakened something in myself that I have never experienced
I was convinced that this is just the realm of romance
Of whispers in the dark
Truth is, I fake it
I have a romantic life because of memorization
And games I've been taught to play
This
This is something I feel with no context
Mingled in with respect and admiration and awe
For you as a fellow spirit
And that you've made me feel this way
In another life, we'd be friends
Family of a chosen type
But this is what the cosmos has decided
And I gotta say, I'm cool with that