Monday, February 8, 2021

Faded Exhausted

A joint burns lazily
I'm typing something or 
Playing music or
I'm taking a picture or video 
fully engaged with telling some sort of story
I'm always somewhere doing something 
even asleep I am caught in the middle 
Lately things have been more nebulous 
pulling the meaning from the images 
is harder and paradoxically easier 
When I'm awake I feel as if I'm asleep 
sleeping feels like running through wet cement uphill 
Exhaustion on my back and pulling my feet 
I'm drowning in myself
and this obsession to keep up the projection 
It's easy to stay unharmed 
If all I put out there is a hologram 
myself interpreted into being 
Deep inside there's this block of ice
pain I can describe 
but I never really let go
I wonder if I'll ever know new reality 
or if I'll keep up this spinning tale
until I breathe no more 
and people struggle with identification 
speaking for me
even though my entire being
is wrapped up in speaking for myself