Thursday, February 4, 2021

Wandering

Frosted grass shines brightly
in the icy sunlight of a partly cloudy day 
I combine people watching with 
my mundane errands
Observing the continued lunacy 
of humans bouncing off of each other 
The great Goddess of nature 
abundant with life and beauty 
even in the coldest of times 
Contrasting with too many souls 
caught in a situation 
or most likely, a series of situations
thier tents a multicolored backdrop 
against pillars of concrete 
Some seem almost jovial 
drinking beer and smoking weed
celebrating the fact that it isn't raining 
right now 
Others are clearly suffering 
experiencing the worst times of their lives 
A cacophony of emotional noise 
songs in the confusion 
confusion in the clarity 
the only thing I'm sure of
is that I feel it in my bones 
That ache deep inside my skull 
all the way through my feet 
I don't know what keeps me walking 
passing through all the places 
exposing myself to heartache
It's probably the optimism 
that thread of hope that lingers 
even though things seem hopeless 
And maybe this is the end of days
we might as well enjoy it