Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Overexposure

I put myself out there
tip toe neck deep into discussions
I live and breathe to share my experiences 
not because I want attention 
but because I hope it helps
another human being to know 
they are not alone 
Nothing is a perfect circle 
sometimes my words have the opposite effect 
Someone gets defensive 
and they lash out
I'll admit to getting a bit snarky 
and saying things that are questionably funny 
Most often and at my core 
I try to be sincere and honest 
There are days I tell my stories 
where people will question my perception 
as if I'm not a witness 
to my own perception 
I'm wrong in my interpretation 
of life I've lived 
all I can do is say what I know 
and correct myself if presented 
with contradiction and further knowledge 
But you can't fucking tell me
That I'm missing the point 
when I say I've been abused 
when I say I've been hurt 
when I say some things just ache
for no reason you can understand 
It isn't my job to convince you 
of the reality of the situation 
all I can do is tell my version of the truth