Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Indulge

Ninety days ago I made a decision
to quit dulling my senses
to stop with the alcohol 
and open myself up to things 
that I've been avoiding most of my life 
There's definitely a better sense of purpose 
a clarity of emotional energy
not necessarily a better picture 
but at least I see the picture now 
More of a physical feeling 
my entire body vibrating with the sound 
of the throbbing pulse of reality 
People existing and broadcasting 
I'm absorbing it all
and it is a beautiful thing 
to be able to observe and interpret 
so many different layers and nuance 
At the same time 
I'm drowning in this nebula 
too many things are hitting all at once 
I'm processing like a road flare 
and I'm going to burn out
sooner rather than later 
The floodgates remain fully open 
I pour this confusion into things 
items for consumption bit by bit
the audience sees the finale 
but not the entire production 
I don't trust anyone with the process 
but I hope what I put out there is enough 
when the light fades away