Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Appreciation

It feels like the end of the world out here
things taste strange 
There's a weight on my soul you'd think 
I would be used to this by now
You've seen me at vulnerable 
my pain obvious but only because 
you're good at observation 
It's a quality I admire and admit
to being a bit envious 
I'm pushing through like I always do 
sometimes I step backwards 
There's not always forward progress 
I put up this steady upward climb 
Pressured to keep moving 
by every person I've ever talked to 
at least by people I've let in
There isn't that expectation any more 
You validate where I'm at right now
even if it isn't perfect 
when things are getting extra complicated 
times when I really can't keep climbing 
I just have to sit the fuck down 
For a small stretch of time I can just be
it is a beautiful thing
for this I am so grateful 
any thanks feels inadequate 
so I humbly state my appreciation