Friday, January 22, 2021

Clandestine

The flight home was exhausting
multiple stops through unfamiliar places 
There was only one thing on my mind 
two if you counted the sense of relief 
of leaving what had become a personal hell 
if only for a few precious days 
I was greeted by my parents 
proud of my accomplishments 
oblivious to my agony although 
I wouldn't have told them had they asked
I settled in to my old room
preserved like a shrine 
It made my mother feel better and
I think she knew I needed the comfort of familiarity 
Late into the night while the normal slept 
I silently walked outside and carefully 
rolled my car out of the driveway 
I'm not sure if the parents didn't notice 
or didn't care
I was an adult after all on holiday 
from some sort of forced life
Traveling through my hometown 
memories consumed as I felt myself cry
This whole scenario felt insane 
did she even want to see me
Our last conversation didn't go well 
I didn't know where we stood 
But I hadn't seen her in months and something in my primal mind needed her
I parked a couple of blocks away 
Suspicious yes but not to her
or her parents who would be irate 
if they knew I was creeping around 
She was outside smoking a cigarette 
beautiful as ever 
noticing me approach but betraying no emotion 
until her lips met mine 
Hands all over each other we climbed into her window 
Silently giving in to every physical sensation 
She drug me to her bed 
in the darkness I felt my clothes fall away 
losing myself in pure untamed sexual release 
It felt like nanoseconds and hours simultaneously 
we became one soul through pleasure 
When it was over she said
"you should go before my parents wake up" 
The only thing she said the entire time 
I wordlessly got dressed 
the darkness and chill of the night
wrapping me in a dull sadness 
I don't remember driving home
just ending up in my old room 
surrounded by familiarity 
wondering what it was I was really chasing