Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Wandering Eternity

I'm having a crisis of identity
Nothing so concrete as wondering 
the who I am of me is quite intact 
The problem lies in interaction 
navigating the floodwaters of maintaining 
an outward appearance 
Transparency through creativity 
I'm an open book through self expression 
though it only is surface level 
The loudest thoughts dominate the translation 
escape only possible through release 
Isolation beginning to pace
back and forth back and forth 
wearing a trench in my mind 
I find myself gravitating towards attention 
adoration and praise so beautiful 
yet so painfully sad
I really don't want accolades 
I appreciate the adoration 
reaching people is a powerful feeling 
The output is out of my hands
I pull from the pool random discordant bits
and there's no guarantee that it will make sense 
wrapping myself in some sort of bandage 
that might only be for show 
I exist in a bright bubble of loneliness 
knowing many but in a shallow dish 
just out of arm's reach