Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Cold

Inexplicable cold taking hold
my inner core frozen beyond measure 
I've been numbing more than usual 
reality slapping my face a bit harder than I'm used to 
Grip on the situation slipping away
grain by agonizing grain through my mind 
I'm afraid of losing what little understanding I've got
while at the same time, wishing I could escape for just a little bit 
Haunted by a dark, dreamless sleep 
waking up to exhausted panic 
I'll pour myself into something and I'll put on a front 
shoving all anxiety into a gorgeous box
Am I paranoid or just stoned 
I'll take a walk and focus thought 
It's nice to be alone and yet I'm so fucking lonely 
Connection to the consciousness becoming an ancient myth 
Who was I even a year ago 
Cross of changes is a burden shared by everyone but we also walk in single file
None of us can really comprehend 
My shoes they are too tight 
and we all have forgotten how to dance