Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Damien

In the middle of
Possibly one of the most unhinged
Periods of my life
I met a guy from Idaho
Blonde, with a somewhat punker asthetic
Eyes a peculiar shade of gunmetal grey
Absolutely charming yet absolutely crazy
His energy was parallel to mine
He may have been a few years older
I never got a straight answer
Deep emotional tragedy our breakfast at Tiffany's
Although we never talked about it
We knew this almost instantly about each other
It was like a two month one night stand
He was the first man I slept with
It was awkward, unsure
Mutual fumbling around in the dark
On his bedroom floor because
He didn't have a bed
He just existed in this cloud of reality
We talked about philosophy
About science and politics
We challenged each other's intelligence
I feel deeply in love
But I didn't realize it until
One day I went to his house
Because I never got his number
I don't think I ever gave him mine
His roommate answered
Said something about him disappearing in the night
After mentioning a text from his ex
In an instant it was completely over
I wonder though, almost two decades removed
If he thinks about those couple of months with fondness
Or if I'm even a blip
Did he marry that chick
Did he end up happy
I hope he's doing alright because
I loved him and I love him still
Once you push that button
The feeling never fades even though
The memories sometimes do