Saturday, December 26, 2020

Momma

My mom was one of my first homies
It went beyond scrapes and skinned knees
She had my back behind closed doors
Situations where my wants were ignored
Teaching me passion and compassion
Kindness was aways in fashion
She's an empath too but bruised
Sensitive people tend to get used
Though abused she refused
To tell me that I was acting insane
She believed in the validity of my pain
I learned how to sit down and listen
No matter what my position
Trusting my extreme intuition
I've given people a bit too much rope
Dealt with bullshit and have had to cope
Stupid decisions but never regret
because of the beautiful spirits I've met
Memories of those passed away
joy in knowing so many today
Support from humans, I have been blessed
With absolute love I'm obsessed
My energy is warm, so I've been told
It would have been easy to become cold
Unfeeling
I'm strong but I didn't do it alone
That fortress of mind started at home
and I can't thank my momma enough