Thursday, December 17, 2020

Encounter

Love in my mind
Is literally a one way switch
Once flipped I can't forget
Usually love is tempered by context
I've figured out ways to deal
But in my soul love is equal
Once it has been given
I've never encountered love like this
Where the context isn't a concequence
It is part of the reason why it exists
You're disconnected from my reality
In such a profound and powerful way
I've never felt so close
To something so removed
I've talked to people
I've never felt entirely comfortable
There was something holding me back
I'm not sure if it's a result of maturity or experience
Or if there's an intangible beauty
Your spirit drew me in at first encounter
An aura of what I'm not sure
But it is beautiful
I know that much
It has nothing to do with romance
Love rarely does
Maybe it's just me