Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Soul

Every person I've ever met
Has an energy about them
Some call it the aura
A glow sometimes described with a color
Patterns only some can see
Intuition picks up on this
Regardless of how it is depicted
I feel this as a physical sensation
Beauty as a type of warmth
Comfort and joy in varying degrees
Ugliness and hate cold upon my skin
I can smell it too but
Accurate description is beyond me
Most of the time, I'm not close enough
People radiate a guarded dullness
I've learned to filter it out too
If I didn't I'd lose myself in the sensation
When I was younger
Crowds would strangle me with panic
It took a lot of experience to finally figure out why
Drugs help
They also hinder in unforseen ways
Painful energy aches eternal
It's worth it though because
Where there is shadow, there is light
I have this energy too
It's a part of every conscious being
I can't read myself any more
Than a book can read its own pages
I've made mistakes and have injured
But I am a warm soul I've been told
Hearing that makes me joyful
I just have to convince myself
That I am radiating
The very things that I admire