Monday, December 7, 2020

Grandmother

Grandmother, can you hear me
Things have gone insane
The world you knew has vanished
Somehow, you prepared me for this
Your spirit will never fade
Through me your determination lives
Grandmother, can you hear me
In my heart and mind
You're always there
The kindness you embodied
The selfless love and affection
For all life
That part of the creator
You manifested on this world
To me you were perfection
Being of your blood and mind
I can only hope to honor your legacy
With my imperfect life
Grandmother, can you hear me
I'm praying through you
More than I ever said
You told me stories
Instilled in me a reverence for creation
The divine truth in all things
The innate perfection
Of every single being
I'm so far away from your bones
I can't connect in that way
It doesn't seem to matter because I know
You can hear me