Sunday, December 6, 2020

Guardian Angel

Inside my mind
There's a place I've been retreating to
It exists in meat space too
In my visions it is always sunrise
Or just the tickling of burning fog
The light cresting over the horizon
Trees reflecting in the still water
Sometimes, the walk there is slow
Deliberate and soothing
Sometimes I'm running from
Something I can never see
Regardless, when I arrive all is peaceful
The sun hitting my face
Energy lighting up every pore
Crisp, cool air filling my lungs
There always seems to be a hint of frost
Early spring or late autumn
I sit, the bench wet with dew
But it doesn't bother me
Instead a reminder
Of reality knocking at the door
After a time of quiet reflection
Someone always stops by
Sometimes it's my therapist
Sometimes my grandmother
Sometimes the avatar to the Goddess
Taking a form my mind can comprehend
And we talk until the sun begins to hang low again
And I am embraced
I start to cry because letting go is painful
And always
I am told it will be alright
I can visit any time I'd like
And she, whomever she
Will always be there to watch over me