Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Exist

There's a sharp pain in my head
Behind the eyes living dead
Walking slowly uphill
Wondering what's the thrill maybe I will
Complete the cycle broken again
Between a rock and a hard place begin
Everything in some kind of way
No room for play so I stay
Keep to my seat within my lane
The world picking pieces of my brain
I find myself getting irate and mean
Indulging in the argument scene
Absorbing things I don't want to embrace
I long for escape a break out of this place
Cloud of sand itching my emotion
There's no potion nor lotion
Soothing an impossible ask
Sanity an ongoing task
I'll keep pushing that rock up the hill
Becoming nothing but my power of will
I exist therefore I am alive
I thrive within the confines of survive
I can't be anything but myself
But why why why would I want to be anything else