Sunday, December 27, 2020

Definition

In the midst of standing in a peaceful place
I often find myself feeling sad
Trying to describe the sensation
is difficult
Most people understand when you say sad
at least there's common knowledge
expectations shared because everyone thinks
they've experienced sadness at least once
Humans like to deal with framework
categories are natural to us
Automatic assumptions make it easy to identify and sympathize
What I'm feeling is sadness I think
Experience and wisdom seem to point to that simple description
but somehow it seems deeper
A knot in my gut and this weight
pressure inside my head
Physical response to an emotional state
It came out of nowhere
response to a stimulus I often ignore
Probably because I numb myself to abuse
I love everyone but I know it's not reciprocal
I say nothing
Secrets kept until my dying day
Who knows what people say about me
it isn't my place to manage
still, it cuts just a little bit
bleeds just a little bit
Mostly because I don't understand